When you need a dessert right here right now, this is the recipe to turn to! Made in a microwave, this Chocolate Molten Cake for One is a wonderfully easy and delicious cake to make whenever you are short on time, ingredients and will power to resist the temptation to have a dessert! Oozing with creamy peanut butter, this will definitely hit the spot! Who would have known that you can make a decadent vegan chocolate dessert in 5 minutes?!
There are times when I make a promise to myself that I will not have a dessert every day after dinner. So I don’t buy anything sweet, I don’t plan to bake any cakes, and I make sure there is nothing in the freezer leftover from before. And when I finish my dinner and stack the dishwasher, there’s this nagging feeling. Like there’s UNFINISHED BUSINESS. Like there’s something I’ve forgotten. Truth is, I haven’t forgotten anything. I know exactly what it is. It’s my sweet tooth with its serious sugar addiction that’s causing the unease.
Then I go through the cupboards, the fridge, double-check the freezer with a glimpse of hope of finding something my sweet tooth would enjoy! Nothing! Making a simple cake crosses my mind, but that won’t be ready for an hour. Could drive to the shop, but who am I kidding – I hate driving! And then I realise that I have no choice. I HAVE TO make a Chocolate Molten Cake for One.
It doesn’t get much simpler than this Individual Chocolate Cake oozing with peanut butter. And the beauty of it is that you can make it within 5 minutes, there’s no cake left to help yourself to seconds and you only have a bowl and a spoon to wash up.
How to Make a 5-Minute Vegan Chocolate Molten Cake?
In a bowl, whisk soya milk, oil and sugar. Tip in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and whisk vigorously until all is well incorporated.
Take a small bowl, a ramekin or a cup and line it with cling film, leaving the edges overhanging. Spoon in half of the cake batter and place in the microwave (800W) for 20 seconds.
Take the bowl out of the microwave and spoon peanut butter into the middle. Then add the rest of the cake mixture. Return to the microwave for another 20 seconds. The top of the cake should be just set, but not too firm.
Place a plate over the cup and invert it onto the plate. Carefully remove the cling film. Serve your Vegan Chocolate Molten Cake for One with a dollop of dairy-free yoghurt, cream or ice cream!
For other Vegan Dessert ideas, have a browse in our recipes.
Individual 5-Minute Malten Cake
- Microwave (800W)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened soya milk or other dairy-free milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1½ tbsp plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp plain dairy-free yoghurt
- In a bowl, whisk soya milk, oil and sugar. Tip in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and whisk vigorously until all is well incorporated.
- Take a small bowl or a cup and line it with cling film, leaving the edges overhanging.
- Spoon in half of the cake batter and place in the microwave (on 800W) for 20 seconds.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and spoon peanut butter into the middle. Then add the rest of the cake mixture.
- Return to the microwave for another 20 seconds. If still feels like a liquid return to the microwave for another 10 seconds.
- Place a plate over the bowl and invert the bowl onto the plate. Carefully remove the cling film.
- Serve with a dollop of dairy-free yoghurt, cream or ice cream!