Summer season salad that can be made on a BBQ grill as well as inside, in your kitchen! A combination of lightly charred peaches, chicken breasts and red onions creates a wonderful salad, especially when served with a creamy honey-lemon dressing! Our Grilled Chicken and Peach Salad is a healthy BBQ dish you are simply going to love!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost for you! Thank you!
Fruit in a Salad
If you follow our blog, you will know that most of our summer salads incorporate at least one type of fruit. We love the combination of sweet and savoury, especially for summer lunches that we enjoy in the garden! And trust us, there is something extremely satisfying about juicy grilled peaches! Grilling peaches brings out even more of their naturally sweet flavour.
So, as you can probably tell, grilled peaches are the star of the show in this summer salad. But we paired it with a succulent chicken breast, some green beans and most importantly honey yoghurt dressing! However, if you are vegetarian (or cooking for vegetarians) this salad is equally as amazing with some grilled halloumi cheese!
Ingredients and Substitutes
- chicken breasts: choose smaller thinner chicken breasts to make sure they cook quickly.
- peaches: ripe sweet and juicy.
- cucumber: English cucumber or any other cucumber with thin skin that isn’t bitter.
- red onion
- lettuce: romaine, gem lettuce or your everyday iceberg lettuce will work just fine. Alternatively, you can use baby spinach!
- green beans: trimmed and cut in half.
- flaked almonds: adds another texture to the salad. You can try this salad with pecan nuts or pine nuts too!
- yoghurt: plain natural yoghurt or Greek yoghurt.
- honey: clear runny honey.
- lemon juice: freshly squeezed is best.
- cider vinegar: white wine or red wine vinegar can also be used.
Quarter the peaches and red onion. Keep the ends on the red onion so that they don’t fall apart on the grill. Drizzle the peaches, red onion and chicken breasts with some olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on a grill, peaches and red onions on the grill (we use Lotus Grill – it’s perfect to take on picnics!) once the coals are hot. Cook everything for about 10-15 minutes depending on how thick your chicken breasts are and how hot your grill is. Turn the peaches, red onion and chicken breasts halfway through.
Once cooked and charred, remove everything from the grill and cover with foil (we highly recommend Kirkland Signature Foil) to keep warm. In the meantime, pour boiling water over trimmed green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, but some crunch is retained (alternatively, you can cook the beans in advance – this way you won’t need to go back to the kitchen).
Tear the lettuce, and scatter the cucumber and green beans on top. Then arrange grilled peaches and red onion quarters. Cut each chicken into slices and place them on top of the salad.
To make the dressing, mix yoghurt, honey, lemon juice and cider vinegar in a small bowl. Drizzle it all over the Grilled Chicken and Peach Salad and scatter some flaked almonds on top for some crunch. Enjoy!
Absolutely! Use boneless skinless thighs instead, but note that they will take a smidge longer to cook!
Our Chipotle Yoghurt Dressing pears very well with the flavours in this romaine chicken salad. Alternatively, a simple balsamic reduction or lemon, honey and olive oil dressing is a great alternative for a dairy-free dressing option.
If you can’t get your hands on some juicy peaches, try it with ripe nectarines. Alternatively, grill thick slices of pear!
Other Summer Salad Recipes
For other summery salad ideas, have a look at the recipes below. We are confident you will love the following:
- Watermelon & Feta Salad with Prosciutto and Balsamic Reduction
- Tuscan-Style Panzanella Salad
- Vegan Avocado Pasta Salad
- Vegan Tex-Mex Bowl with Sweet Potatoes
Grilled Chicken and Peach Salad
- 2 small chicken breasts about 120g each
- 2 ripe peaches quartered
- 1/4 cucumber about 100g, quartered and sliced
- 1 red onion quartered, leaving the core intact
- 80 g romain lettuce torn
- 80 g green beans trimmed and cut in half
- 20 g flaked almonds
For the Dressing:
- 60 g plain yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat your grill to very hot (or you can heat a large griddle pan on high heat).
- Drizzle the peaches, red onion and chicken breasts with some olive oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken, onions and peaches on a grill once the coals are hot. In the meantime, quarter the peaches and red onion (keep the ends of the onion on, so they don't fall apart on the grill). Cook for about 10-15 minutes depending on how thick breasts are. Turn the peaches, red onion and chicken breasts halfway through.
- Once cooked, remove from the grill and cover with foil to keep warm. In the meantime, pour boiling water over trimmed green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, but some crunch is retained (you can cook them ahead if you wish).
- Tear the lettuce, scatter the cucumber and green beans on top. Then arrange grilled peaches and red onion quarters. Cut each chicken into slices and place them on top of the salad.
- To make the dressing, mix yoghurt, honey, lemon juice and cider vinegar in a small bowl. Drizzle it all over the salad, scatter some flaked almonds on top for some crunch and enjoy!