If you’re looking for a filling and insanely delicious vegan salad, we have a recipe for you! Pasta and fresh salad, coated in zingy guacamole makes a perfect lunch to pack for work or a picnic! Read on to see what we make this delectable Avocado Pasta Salad with!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost for you! Thank you!
Unfortunately, we cannot take any credit for this wonderful recipe. We have based it almost entirely on the Guacaroni recipe from BOSH!, that you can find in their first vegan cookbook with the same name – link here (highly recommended, by the way).
Ever since we first made it for a picnic in Snowdonia, this salad has become an office lunch staple for Seb. Easy to make, pack this salad in lunch boxes and then eat at your desk! This Avocado Pasta Salad is both filling and nutritious. Made with guacamole instead of dressing, this pasta salad is as creamy as you’d like and has strong flavours of zingy lime and sweet tomatoes.
We made this Avocado Pasta Salad with penne, but the original recipe calls for macaroni. You can use any other pasta shape you fancy though – the wow factor is in the guacamole dressing!
How to Make This Delicious Avocado Pasta Salad?
Cook your pasta following packet instructions in salted water. Drain, drizzle with a tbsp of olive oil to prevent sticking and leave to cool down slightly.
Chop red onion and red chilli very finely (we deseed the chilli first for milder flavour in this recipe). Alternatively, use 1/2-1 tsp of chilli flakes. Quarter cherry tomatoes (or baby plum tomatoes).
Add a tbsp of olive oil, garlic powder, chopped red onion, chilli and tomatoes. Season with salt and mix to combine.
Add your pasta and mix well to coat. Serve on a bed of spinach or shredded lettuce.
If you liked this Avocado Pasta Salad recipe, you may like our other vegan and vegetarian pasta dishes, including:
- Easy Lentil ‘Meatballs’ and Spaghetti (Vegan)
- Tagliatelle with Feta, Broccoli and Fried Lemon (Vegetarian)
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Garlicky Kale (Vegetarian)
Avocado Pasta Salad | A Perfect Vegan Lunch
- 200 g pasta penne, macaroni or rigatoni
- 2 large ripe avocados or 3 smaller ones
- 1 large lime juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ red onion finely chopped
- 1 red chilli deseeded, finely chopped
- 16 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 10 g fresh coriander chopped, including stalks
- a handful of spinach or shredded lettuce
- Cook your pasta following packet instructions in salted water. Drain, drizzle with a tbsp of olive oil to prevent sticking and leave to cool down slightly.
- To make the avocado dressing, destone the ripe avocados, squeeze lime all over them and mash well with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
- Add a tbsp of olive oil, garlic powder, chopped red onion, chilli and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and mix to combine.
- Add your pasta and mix well to coat. Serve on a bed of spinach or shredded lettuce.