An incredibly wholesome, moreish and ridiculously delicious salad, that’s also 100% plant-based. With a variety of fresh salad vegetables, starchy roasted sweet potatoes and protein-rich beans, this Vegan Tex Mex Bowl is not only healthy but also filling and very easy to make! We roasted sweet potatoes with chilli flakes and dressed the salad in lime juice for the extra bursts of flavour.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost for you! Thank you!
Why We Love This Vegan Tex Mex Salad?
We first made this bowl three years ago over our first Veganuary. It was instantly one of our favourites. Sweet and spicy roasted potatoes with slightly charred edges go so well with the fresh salad and the zing of the lime juice. What is more, avocadoes and beans make this bowl filling enough to have as a main meal. And crunchy juicy sweetcorn makes it so satisfying to eat!
Tex Mex Salad Fit For… Veganuary
Every January we suddenly become more health-conscious – what a cliché, right? But it’s not surprising. New Year offers a brand new start, new motivations, and, let’s be honest, after all the Christmas food, all we crave is a salad. And this is definitely the one we turn to for both the flavour and the health benefits. Beans, rich in folate, and salad vegetables full of digestion-friendly fibre. And lime, chilli and sweet potatoes provide a good amount of vitamin C, this vegan tex mex bowl is a real treat when you need a little pick-me-up from your food.
The beauty of the salad is that it is extremely versatile. Served it at lunchtime with lots of sweet potatoes (and possibly a slice of crusty bread) and you have yourself a wholesome, satisfying main meal. Take away the potatoes and you have a wonderful side dish for a barbeque in summer.
Preheat the oven to 180°C Fan. Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a large baking tray, drizzle with a tbsp of oil and the chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Roast for approx. 30 minutes until tender and starting to brown at the edges.
Mix everything gently and top with the sweet potato chunks. Simple and delicious! And look at all those vibrant colours of all the veg!
Other Vegan Recipes
We hope you liked this Sweet Potato Tex Mex Salad as much as we do! For other vegan recipes, have a look at our vegan recipe collection, including:
- Autumnal Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Dahl
- Vegan Pineapple Stir Fry with Curried Coconut Sauce
- Thick & Creamy Sweetcorn Chowder
Vegan Sweet Potato Tex Mex Salad Bowl
- 700 g sweet potatoes skin on, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 gem lettuce shredded
- 1 tin of sweetcorn (340g) drained and rinsed
- 1 tin of kidney beans (400g) drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe avocadoes cut into chunks
- ½ cucumber (300g) quartered lengthways and sliced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 30 g fresh coriander roughly chopped
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1½ limes juice only
- 4 slices of crusty bread to serve optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Fan. Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a large baking tray, drizzle with a tbsp of oil and the chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Roast for approx. 30 minutes until tender and starting to brown at the edges.
- In the meantime, combine the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with a tbsp of oil, squeeze the lemon juice all over and season well. Mix everything gently and top with the sweet potato chunks.