Vegan Tex-Mex Bowl with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
We are sharing an incredibly wholesome, filling and ridiculously delicious salad, that's also 100% plant-based. With a variety of fresh salad vegetables, starchy sweet potatoes and protein-rich beans, this Vegan Tex-Mex Bowl is not only healthy but also filling and very easy to make. We roasted sweet potatoes with chilli flakes and dressed the salad in lime juice for the extra bursts of flavour.
- 700 g sweet potatoes skin on, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 gem lettuce shredded
- 1 tin of sweetcorn (340g) drained and rinsed
- 1 tin of kidney beans (400g) drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe avocadoes cut into chunks
- ½ cucumber (300g) quartered lengthways and sliced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 30 g fresh coriander roughly chopped
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1½ limes juice only
- 4 slices of crusty bread to serve optional
Preheat the oven to 180°C Fan. Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a large baking tray, drizzle with a tbsp of oil and the chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Roast for approx. 30 minutes until tender and starting to brown at the edges.
In the meantime, combine the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with a tbsp of oil, squeeze the lemon juice all over and season well. Mix everything gently and top with the sweet potato chunks.