A simple 3-ingredient side dish that lets the ingredients speak for themselves! Our 20-minute Roasted Cherry Tomatoes are so versatile that we have them at least once a week with a range of vegetarian, meat and fish dishes! It will take only a few minutes to prepare and 20 minutes in the oven!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost for you! Thank you!
What to Serve Roasted Cherry Tomatoes With?
- Use these quick roasted tomatoes as a side dish to a number of meat, fish or vegetarian dishes. We particularly love these with our Roasted Cabbage Wedges and Zesty Herb-Crusted Haddock.
- Add tomatoes to your pasta dishes: these work brilliantly with pasta with tomato, creamy or oil/butter-based sauces. Try these with red pesto pasta too! Delicious!
- Cut a crusty baguette into small circles, top with roasted cherry tomatoes and some fresh herbs – the easiest bruschetta you will ever make!
How to Roast Cherry Tomatoes?
Turn the oven on and preheat it to 200°C Fan. We suggest using a large rimmed baking tray lined with aluminium foil. The foil will reflect the heat and make the cooking process a little quicker.
Spread the tomatoes in a single layer on the baking tray. Try and space them out as much as you can. If they’re crammed together they will stew, rather than roast.
Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and thyme if using. You may choose to use other dried herbs. We don’t recommend adding any fresh herbs, though, as they will burn.
Using the back of the knife, smash the unpeeled garlic cloves and drop them into the baking tray. This will give the tomatoes a gentle garlicky aroma without too much of its ferocious flavour.
Roast for 20-25 minutes. For serving suggestions, look in the text above!
If you don’t have or don’t like thyme, try these tomatoes with some dried oregano, basil or parsley. You can also use mixed dried herbs.
Yes, the riper the tomatoes the quicker they will soften, so try and choose very ripe cherry tomatoes (baby plum tomatoes work too). If you want to roast them for less time, cut them all in half and spread them on a tray cut side up.
Other Side Dish Ideas
For other side dishes, have a look at some of our favourite recipes below:
Quick Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme optional
- 2 garlic cloves optional
- Preheat the oven to 200°C Fan. Line a baking tray with foil (it will reflect heat and make the process quicker).
- Spread the tomatoes in a single layer on the baking tray. Try and space them out as much as you can.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and thyme, if using.
- Using the back of the knife, smash the unpealed garlic cloves and drop them into the baking tray. This will give the tomatoes a gentle garlicky aroma without too much of its ferotious flavour.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes. For serving suggestions, look in the text above!