A simple, but delicious Smoked Salmon & Spinach Pasta dish that is ready in 15 minutes! Succulent flakes of smoked salmon and zingy lemon go perfectly well in this rich and creamy bowl of spaghetti! With few ingredients and very minimal preparation and cooking, this is a perfect meal for a date night for two, or to throw together after a long hard day at work!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost for you! Thank you!
Do you LOVE smoked salmon as much as we do? We do love it a lot, but in our house, it is reserved for special occasions. I almost think I don’t buy it often intentionally: I like it so much that I am, in a way trying to preserve its special status, by limiting it as much as possible. I wish I could do the same with cakes and desserts but unfortunately, it’s too late for me! I’m in too deep!
One of the meals I make with any leftover smoked salmon is this simple Smoked Salmon Pasta. It takes under 15 minutes to make and tastes insanely good! For us, this is a special weekend meal, or something we often have in the period after Christmas with any leftover smoked salmon.
Smoked Salmon & Spinach Pasta Recipe:
Cook spaghetti following the packet instructions (If you do this step in advance, make sure you reserve some of the starchy pasta water to add to the sauce later). If you want to make your own pasta, here’s our guide on how we make pasta dough and shape our pasta.
Whilst the pasta is cooking, finely slice the garlic clove and chop your dill. Juice and zest a lemon. Wash your spinach and tear your smoked salmon into bite-size flakes. Finally, finely grate the parmesan cheese.
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes on very low heat. Then add the juice of half a lime/lemon, creme fraiche and a ladle of water that pasta is cooking in. Mix to combine.
When the pasta is done, add the spaghetti, spinach, zest and dill to the frying pan with the sauce. Stir and cook for another minute. Spaghetti will finish cooking and the spinach will wilt slightly. Finally, stir in the parmesan and smoked salmon.
If you have any smoked salmon left, why not make our very special Baked Spinach & Salmon Egg Breakfast.
For other pasta ideas, have a look at our favourite recipes below:
- Squid Ink Seafood Pasta in White Wine Sauce
- Creamy Chicken and Bacon Pasta
- Tagliatelle Pasta with Feta, Broccoli & Fried Lemon
- Home-Made Pasta: Three Easy Pasta Dough Recipes & Ten Different Shapes
Smoked Salmon & Spinach Pasta
- 180 g spaghetti or linguine
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 80 g spinach
- 100 g smoked salmon torn into pieces
- 20 g parmesan finely grated
- ½ lemon or lime zest and juice
- 1 tbsp fresh or frozen dill chopped
- Cook spaghetti following the packet instructions, but drain 1 minute before it's cooked.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and fry for 2 minutes on low heat. Then add the juice of half a lime/lemon, creme fraiche and a ladle of water that pasta is cooking in. Mix to combine.
- When the pasta is done, drain and add the spaghetti, to the sauce. Then add spinach, zest and dill. Stir and cook for another minute. Spaghetti will finish cooking and the spinach will wilt slightly.
- Finally, stir in the parmesan and smoked salmon.