Smoky, Spicy and Sweet, this yoghurt-based sauce can be used both as a dip and a salad dressing. Versatile is the best word to describe this dressing: we use it on summer salads, to go with poultry, for various fritters and even as a dip for tortilla crisps. This Spicy and Creamy Chipotle Dressing uses six very simple but special ingredients and each of them plays a very important role in the multi-layer flavours of this gorgeous dressing.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost for you! Thank you!
Why You Will Love This Chipotle Dressing?
- This spicy chipotle salad dressing is an extremely easy recipe to throw together in minutes.
- The only equipment you will need is a spoon and a bowl.
- If you love taco dressing, you will love this creamy chipotle lime dressing recipe.
- This dressing doubles as a dip or even a sauce for fish and poultry.
- It is the least boring dressing we’ve ever made – so vibrant with flavours!
Ingredients and Substitutes
To make enough to dress 4 portions of salad, you will need:
- 100 ml Greek yoghurt: you may use plain natural yoghurt instead, but make sure it’s a thick and creamy type for best results.
- 1 tsp chipotle paste: this typically comes in small jars and you can find it in the Internation (Mexican) foods aisle.
- 1 tbsp lime juice: freshly squeezed or bottled.
- 1 tsp honey: clear runny honey (not set honey).
- ½ tsp smoked paprika.
- 1 tbsp olive oil: can be replaced with avocado or cold-pressed rapeseed oil.
As with many dressings, the method is simple. You simply need to add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and mix it all together well. One piece of advice I’d give you is to add everything but the yoghurt into a bowl first and mix. That way honey distributes better. Add the yoghurt last and mix well again, until fully combined!
How To Store Chipotle Salad Dressing?
Store this chipotle yoghurt dressing in an airtight container (small Tupperware boxes or jars work well) in the fridge for up to 4 days. When you’re ready to use it again, mix it well!
What To Use Creamy Chipotle Dressing For?
When we say that this dressing is versatile, we mean it. Use it for various salads, like:
This dressing can also be used as a flavoursome dip or sauce for:
- French Fries or Potato Wedges
- Courgette Fritters
- Chicken Tenders
- Tempura Prawns
Creamy Chipotle Salad Dressing
- 100 ml Greek yogurt or other plain yogurt
- 1 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together well and dress your favourite salads with it or use it as a dip! For serving suggestions see the article above!